Saturday, July 12, 2008

irony on wheels

From today's Washington Post editorial page, courtesy of Fred Hiatt:

"It takes a certain kind of man -- it's almost always the owner of a Y chromosome -- to take a gander at the Hummer, in all its broad, burly, paramilitary gas-guzzling glory, and see himself behind the wheel, striking fear and loathing in the hearts of ecologically sensitive motorists."


It's not caused by the Y chromosome, Fred. It's caused by the miniature penis attached to the owner of the Y chromosome. Drop your pants and you'll see what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

If I know anything about biology, I possess a Y chromosome. Either mine is defective or Fred's is, though, because when I see Hummers the things just scare me. When I see a Cooper, on the other hand, my first thought is, "I'd love to be behind the wheel of that", and my second thought is, "Hey, I'll bet it gets great gas mileage too." Just so it's clear: it's the aesthetics that appeal to me first, not the economics.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home