Tuesday, July 01, 2008

too good to be true?

I've been a MySpace member since late 2005, and while I don't spend a lot of time there, I at least visit my account enough to keep it updated and to have some idea of what is going on in the MySpace universe.

Every time that I visit my page, I am confronted with the customary MySpace advertising, but something has started bothering me in the last few months. Some of the biggest advertisers on MySpace are the dating and matchmaking services, folks who make big claims about their ability to hook you up with the love of your life, or at least the ravenous sex partner of your dreams.

However, I sense that these ads may be a bit misleading.

You see, for the last three years that I have been seeing these ads, one site in particular has shown the names, ages, and faces of the same three women. Teresa, Katherine, and Amanda, who are evidently a nurse, an attorney, and a financial industry professional, are said to live within twenty miles of my location, and all three of them are not only educated, professional females, they are gorgeous young women who are incredibly photogenic and experienced at posing and manifesting that pouty, come-hither look that you usually see on the covers of cheap "men's magazines."

I'm puzzled.

If these attractive, professional women in their middle twenties are so desireable, so exquisite of face and form, so intellectually gifted, so successful in the fast-paced and competitive world of American business, and so close to me geographically, why in the world are they still available after three years of having their profiles delivered to people like me on a daily basis?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If these attractive, professional women in their middle twenties are so exquisite of face and form, so intellectually gifted, so successful in the fast-paced and competitive world of American business, and so close to me geographically, why in the world are they still available after three years of having their profiles delivered to people like me on a daily basis?
Easy. They really want you and will stop at nothing to get what they want. ;)

I, too, find that funny, though I wouldn't have noticed it if you said so. It's kind of like the ad for classmates.com where you have the girl in the page boy hair with plastic 80's glasses.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home