Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm not imagining things

I live in the midwest, where Cox Communications is the big cable/internet service provider in the region. For several years, their commercials have made me snicker and wonder whether they ever actually listened to what they were saying. Picture a cute teenage girl saying "gosh, Mom, what did we do before high-speed Cox?" or another classic advertising their movie channels with the tagline "you'll love staying home with Cox!"

Now I'm sure.

Tonight, I saw a promo spot for a new cable sports service. And just what, you ask, are they offering this time?




The Cox Soccer Channel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

LOL!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

GOAL!!!!!

Unlike Cox Communications, this was a complete joke, but it does remind me of an ad I heard once for Dickens' Cider...which included tag lines like, "My wife loves to have a Dickens' Cider!"

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home