Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm not alone

A few years ago, I became aware of a new television show that seemed to demonstrate a preference for facts over ideology, and I contacted the show's host via email. We carried on a few email conversations over the next couple of months that were always humorous and insightful, and I was heartened that someone who actually had real liberal values had somehow managed to run the gauntlet at MSNBC. It was difficult for me to square what I knew of the network that Jack Welch built with the presence of the new host, so I decided to enjoy the show but to remain wary.

It seems that my wariness was not unmerited. I've been getting sickened by the recent transformation of Keith Olbermann into Chris Matthews with a measurable IQ, and apparently I'm not the only one. Today alone, Larry C. Johnson at www.noquarterusa.net , Taylor Marsh at www.taylormarsh.com , and Bob Somerby at www.thedailyhowler.com have all been equally critical, if not more so, of the changes that have appeared in Keith over the last couple of months. Given that I only read a handful (maybe as many as a dozen) of blogs on a regular basis, I suspect that these three are just the ones that I know about and that there are many more people out there who are disgusted by this transformation. At this rate, it won't be long before he is castigating people for not wearing flag pins to demonstrate that they love America.

Matthews gets three million a year for his rancid piffle, Keith. How much did your journalistic integrity go for?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I haven't been watching him lately so I can not speak to the decline to which you refer, but I did tune in for his special comment last night and, regardless, I think he was right on. If the democratic party is going to overcome this shop of horrors our nation has become because of this administration, both candidates need to rise above and show some respect for each other. If they can't get respect from each other, why should they expect it from the voters?

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home