Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I can't be shocked any more

With today's wall-to-wall coverage of the fatal private plane crash into a New York City skyscraper, I have yet to see one person ask how this was possible.

Here we are, five years after the destruction of the World Trade Center towers that occurred only blocks away from today's incident. We force people to give up their toothpaste, their nail clippers, their very rights under the Constitution, all in the name of "securing the homeland" and yet somehow an aircraft still manages to crash unimpeded into a tall building in the very city where this happened a scant five years ago, and nobody seems to be realizing that this is a glaring example of how little has changed in the intervening time and how incredibly vulnerable to this kind of attack this country still is.

I can't wait to hear how this accident is going to be bad for the Democrats.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

That's exactly what I asked my husband when I heard the news alert. The first explaination I read was that the air traffic control towers really had no input on what might have been the situation because it was a small plane flying on visual and they are not required to communicate with officials.

I (rhetorically) asked--isn't that something that we might have CHANGED after 9/11 to prevent terrorists crashing small planes into buildings and other targets?

Doomed are we, because of our own stupidity...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Gee. Ain't it the truth!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I did hear late in the day that they were speculating that the crash was Clinton's fault

4:33 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Well, of couse it was! Was there a blue dress on board?

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home