Wednesday, August 30, 2006

that explains a lot

Watching the interview Brian Williams did with George W. Bush on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, I found myself fascinated by one disclosure the president made.



He told Brian that his father, George H.W. Bush, gave him the the greatest gift a father can give. In his own words:

"He gave me the greatest gift a father can give a child, which is unconditional love."



Suddenly, a lot of things became crystal-clear. It seems to me that the greatest gifts a father can give his son is to do things like teach him how to have integrity and dignity.



To show him how to respect his fellow humans.
To help him to be honest and forthright at all times.
To have good manners and to be courteous to others.
To admit it when he makes mistakes.
To be responsible.
To obey the law.



To be a man.


Guess I was wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

I think you may have nailed a huge part of the problem.

"Unconditional love," my ass!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home