Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More tea...

Oh, dears, let me just say that we have had yet another interesting news day already, and my head spins over these newsy posts.
I fear my pencil won't hold out much longer--the eraser is nibbled away completely, and the tiny metal band that once affixed it to the pencil, is hopelessly pinched and distorted. The wood is pitted and my teeth do ache.
Parchments lie crumpled on the floor--the debris of the inner struggle with my thoughts. I have, at once, both the desire to offer full disclosure of my thoughts on the day's topics, and the desire to remain objective, as a publisher should, presenting only the facts of the day and allowing the reader to form their own, enlightened and informed opinion about the state of affairs here in the colonies and on the continent and beyond.
I believe it's time to put the kettle on and prepare a pot of tea. I think I shall, again, have to consider the options at hand, and try to resolve my conflict.
I have an engagement, for which I will be out the entire evening, but will give my thoughts some pause and hope to reach a point of decision, at which time I can go forward with my participation in this honorable venture.
Now, to that tea...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

I have a lovely Earl Grey...

And a good brown teapot...

And some nice lustreware cups and saucers...

I think I'll join you!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home