Thursday, August 21, 2008

the plot thickens

A few minutes ago, I looked out to check on the kitten-kibble I've been putting at the side of the house, and lo and behold, there's a scrawny gold tiger kitten feeding at the trough instead of a grey and black one. I'm beginning to think I have a juvenile grey and black tiger mommy-kitten with at least a teeny grey and black tiger kitten and a slightly less teeny gold tiger kitten. More later - now I have to go figure out how to re-erect the mailbox that someone ran over with their truck a couple of hours ago. The joke's on them. The mailbox is fine, my father sheathed the post with quarter-inch steel, and their truck's bumper is definitely not looking as sharp as it might have before noon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

keep us posted...

Oh, I have to laugh...I had some friends who's mailbox got hit every Friday or Saturday night by some local neighborhood yahoo. Mr. Friend got very tired of putting it back every weekend morning, so he finally put it back up after pouring a concrete footing for the 4x4 post.
The next weekend in the wee hours of Saturday morning they awoke to a crash and got to the window in time to see a vehicle backing away very slowly, and with great difficulty, make it's way down the street.

The mailbox was fine.

I'll bet they did not "yeehaw" all the way home--probably more like a "wee wee wee".

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home