Sunday, August 17, 2008

here we go again

I walked into my kitchen last night to hear loud, insistent mewing coming through the open window. I went to the back door and there was nothing visible in the area where it seemed to be emanating from. I returned to what I had been doing, and later when I went back into the kitchen, the mewing had resumed. I had left the back door open a crack, and when I got close enough to peek out, I saw a tiny dark blur heading into the shrubbery. I put a handful of kibble into a small bowl and set it on my cement patio area by the back door, and far enough out to be visible from my kitchen window. After about an hour and a few checks that turned up nothing, I looked out to see an emaciated grey and black tiger kitten no more than twelve weeks old wolfing down kibble bits with only a couple of perfunctory chews of each mouthful. I tried to approach the kitten, but it would have nothing to do with that, so I left it alone to get some sustenance in peace. It's morning now and I haven't seen it since last night, but I'm sure it will return to finish the kibble later today.


This all seems frightfully familiar...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

congratulations--the girls are THRILLED!

Pictures, please!

;-)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Poor baby!

One of them must have left a sign on your door...

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home