Saturday, April 12, 2008

that was close

I accidentally said "yes" to a new software update from Microsoft yesterday. Normally, I don't accept these things until I know what they are, because many automatic updates deal with DRM-oriented issues, and I don't like Microsoft's attitude that if it's their operating system I'm using that they get to tell me what I can and can't do with it even though I paid them for it already. Worst of all, this update was a browser update, something that usually incorporates those sorts of draconian music-industry-favoring DRM solutions that I hate. But, I clicked on the tab and the update started instead of giving me a list of what they were offering.

So, it was too late to cancel my download - Internet Explorer 7.

I am not a bigtime computer whiz, I use dedicated music hardware in my recording studio instead of Windows or Apple machines, and the times that I have been saddled with browser changes in the past were no fun and occasionally stressful. This time, at least so far, has been different.

IE7 does have a different "look" to it that bothered me a bit at first, but after a day of playing around with it, so far I'm really pleased with a lot of the modifications that have been made.

I'm hoping that some of them will correct the problems I've had from time to time with Blogger...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

IE 7, from the standpoint of a computer ignoramus, rocks.

Things work better, and it's faster. I like the tabs, once I got used to them, and I think it's a vast improvement.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

So far I like it a lot better, but I still have to stop and find that tiny little "favorites" button with the star on it. The "zoom" feature is way cool, too. It's almost like my iPhone!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home