Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday text-only cat-blogging

Despite the record precipitation in my area this summer, we've been having a massive flea problem in the region, and even with indoor cats, I've been on the offensive for many weeks now. I recently decided to try a product I had seen before but never tried, something called "Nature's Guardian" and marketed by the Sergeant's pet supplies company. It is billed as an all-natural and non-toxic flea killer and preventative, and seems pretty pricey for the size of the container, but with little success to show for the customary methods I decided to go for it and try something new.

After a few days, it seems to be quite effective. There's just one down side. The product is made with a common plant extract.



Now I have a bunch of pissed-off, greasy kitties that reek of peppermint and give me dirty looks while they groom themselves.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

Are the fleas gone? Let me know, I'll try it on ours....

9:55 AM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

Yep, and fast. And economical, too, as about half of a spray pump bottle was one complete treatment for the entire herd. Use some latex gloves to apply it, though, or your hands will be peppermint for a few days, as will the rest of the universe.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

Cool!

We're making lime/mint and lime/basil sorbet today. I'll smell like herbs all week!

It may be tough with Buffy, though. She had to take medicine once that they masked with peppermint and she runs from anything that smells like mint..

4:22 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I'm there!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home