Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Good Ole USA

What would you call a country in which one man can defy the will of three quarters of the population? Where he can defy the will of his lawmakers? Where he can wiretap whomever he wants? Where he can open mail at his discretion? Where he can tap into financial records without legal justification. Where he can imprison anyone he wants, with no evidence and no access to legal protection, for an indefinite period? Some people would call this a dictatorship. I call it the United States.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milo Johnson said...

I think "the fatherland" is getting more appropriate every day.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

I'm zorry, I meant to zay "ze fazerland."

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I see what you mean, and totally agree. I've been a tad distracted from the state of the country.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home