Sunday, November 26, 2006

Who's idea is peace? Oh, I don't know...perhaps--SATAN?!















Colo. subdivision bans wreath peace sign

DENVER - A homeowners association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061127/ap_on_re_us/anti_peace_sign

I guess they'll have to ban that Christmas carol--you know the one, "peace on earth, goodwill to men"...

9 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

That's what I said! About the Peace on Earth, I mean. Isn't that outside of outrageous?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I bet they don't allow flaminges, either. Remind me not to move there!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Oh, hell! More coffee!

FlamingOs.

Thank you.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Loretta says she wants to send the homeowner a donation towards her fine.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I'm seriously thinking about a giant string of lights peace sign in our back yard. The HOA can't see it (they only fly the spyplane during the day) so I don't think they could bust me. Or just spell out, like that house just off mo-pac, "peace, y'all"

12:25 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

...all we are say-ing -
is give war a chance...

7:02 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

We have all been here before
We have all been here before...

9:18 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

HAH! The massive publicity and scorn this story generated has forced the assholes to back down. The peace sign wreath STAYS!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found out today that the homeowners association has backed down. No fine, no nothing. Been getting alot of news coverage, what do they think is going to happen when you act like a communist moron. I'll never buy a house that's part of one of those associations.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home