Friday, November 24, 2006

Domesti-cats

Ever since the "Buffy in the dryer episode" we have been very careful to be sure that the washer and dryer doors are always kept shut. Actually, we were careful about the washer door even before that, since I discovered Buffy and Cleo (our youngest) chasing each other over the top once and one of them did go in. They'd have to work pretty hard to get the lid closed but one never knows.... It's funny, our cats have never wanted to go anywhere near any of these noisy appliances before--maybe they get more courage in numbers.

A few minutes ago I hear Cleo "mow"-ing, that "come look" sort of mow, and I answered back as I worked away on my computer. She mowed again and I heard a clicking noise coming from the laundry room. I lept up and made a dash for the laundry room and as I rounded the corner in the back hall, Cleo came slinking out and the washer started filling. ??!!

I have no idea how she managed it--this is an old washer with a big dial that has to be pulled out to turn the washer on--but somehow she had managed to start it. I mean, this is NOT EASY.

It is apparent that Buffy and Cleo are just dying to help me out with the housework so I'm going to put them to work this afternoon. Just as soon as I do an inspection on the house to see if there's anything else Cleo might be able to "start up" while we're not looking.

14 Comments:

Blogger Milo Johnson said...

It's "stealth Friday cat-blogging!" Actually, rather than laundry, I'd just like the little furry buttheads to learn to clean and change the litterboxes...

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

Well, Cleo does a good job of kicking the litter out. Wednesday I found 3 or 4 piece ON TOP of the dryer--she is an amazingly strong little moggie....

We have used Buffy to mop the floor a couple of times. Now if we could just figure a safe way to harness her to a handle, spray her with Endust....

Thank heavens we don't have children....

2:30 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Holy cow! You're NOT supposed to do that with children?

Dang. Do I have to quit?

3:17 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

"wilco protectives services? Yes, this is..."

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

PS, Milo. If you put in a raised bed herb garden in the backyard, then don't have time to plant the herbs, it will make a perfect, well, you can let them outside and they'll figure it out for themselves.

Wonder what I'll have to do to treat that garden before I plant in the spring...?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

I have a hard enough time keeping them out of my, uh, herbs...

5:39 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I wonder if I dare write an entry about the time the puppy ate the...uh...herbs.

Maybe I need a different blog for that.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

Gotta upload it on the admin page.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

wow...record thread here....

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I have finally decided what to do with the *other* blog, but I shouldn't ought to link it from here, so I deleted those comments that referred to it. I started remembering who all reads here that might no know about that sort of thing. No sense making it totally easy.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

Dang. I was going to read it to the bloke but since you removed the link I'm lost...can you e-mail me your other blogs so I can bookmark them?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

Yes, with a readership consistently hovering in the high single digits, it's a constant effort to maintain anonymity...

12:42 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I think she's hiding from a stalker....oh, you probably knew that...

1:10 AM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

No, I missed the election day party.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home