Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fluff

I see myself as a lightweight. I'm not given to deep thought, comtemplation of the universe, or haiku. When we read books and analyzed them in high school, I was always told that I read very superficially. Absurdist theater makes no sense to me, and John Coltrane will forever be a mystery.

I prefer "The Highwayman" to "The Wasteland," and think that Sartre is a non-starter. I read strictly for entertainment or information. I like novels with snappy dialogue and humming plots. I forget most of what I read pretty fast, and so can be vastly entertained by reading the same books over and over.

I'm saying this because I just read this: http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,1691370,00.html#article_contin. I like Vonnegut.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milo Johnson said...

Nobody fucks with Paul Lazzaro.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

and so it goes....

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home