Thursday, May 17, 2007

better late than never

I've been very busy for the last couple of weeks, but those of you who read the comments may have noticed I've been challenged to drop the gauzy veils of mystery and bare my soul. So, with a spare moment to get caught up, and in no particular order, here are "Seven Random Things About Myself" although I think I ended up with "Seven Odd Bits of Trivia About Myself."

1. I was personally blessed and touched on the forehead by Pope John XXIII when I was a young child. Strangely enough, neither of us burst into flames.

2. I can't stand beer, coffee, or sports - with the exception of heavyweight boxing.

3. I am a hermit. I go for days at a time without personal interaction with people, and I like it that way.

4. I can tell you the title of any episode of the original "Star Trek" series by viewing any random thirty second-long clip from it. This is probably related to the previous item in some fashion.

5. Although music is a huge part of my life, I detest most music that I hear and seldom listen to any music unless I am learning it or critiquing my own. I have the good stuff on tap inside my own head any time I want it.

6. My Stanford-Benet IQ score places me in the top .001% of Mensa.

7. I am the happiest, most fulfilled, most unconflicted person that I know or have ever heard of, and have been so for ten years now. I frequently find myself filled with a transcendent joy of existence that I'm sure many people would think of as a religious experience. I know the secret to happiness, and I have no way of sharing it with anyone. Sorry.



So, there it is.

Now, in keeping with the tradition of these viral web-dares, I get to pass it on to somebody else. Might as well keep it in the family, huh? How 'bout it, Mary?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I think I'll sleep on it...check back later...

1:51 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Except for the beer and coffee thing, your seven bits of random trivia do not surprise me in the least.

I allus figgered you had to be purty much broke out in brains..

9:36 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

As for sharing the secret, I'm pretty sure your music comes as close as anyone can get.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Milo Johnson said...

I used to be broke out, but I found an ointment for it. Seriously, the music is an important part, but I think there's more an undercurrent of simply being honest and consistent with yourself about what you really want of life.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home