Saturday, May 20, 2006

unintentional irony

Enjoying a rare lazy Saturday afternoon today, I have been watching a string of older science-fiction films on Encore. The current one is the 1995 release "Johnny Mnemonic," which has been one of my guilty-pleasure seen-too-many-times flicks like "Battlefield Earth" and "The Fifth Element" for several years now.

This time, however, I suddenly found myself in paroxysms of laughter at one particular line I had never noticed before.

In an expository scene between Johnny Mnemonic, played by Keanu Reeves, and his accidentally acquired bodyguard, Jane, played by Dina Meyer, a scene in which Johnny explains to her why the bad guys are after him, he says the following:


"I can carry 80 gigs of data in my head."



I can't be the only person to have thought that for Keanu, that sounds about right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

I'd say that's pretty generous....

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

That's our Milo...generous to a fault!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home