Wednesday, March 15, 2006

talking point journalism

All of the highly-paid news readers have been reporting the same thing (with negligible variations) that condenses down to saying that a federal judge delivered a major setback to the government's case against Zacarias Moussaoui when a significant portion of their evidence was thrown out.

I'm not familiar enough with this sort of thing to be providing expert analysis, but from what I have read it seems to me that the prosecuting attorney who provided court transcripts to witnesses in violation of the law and of legal ethics is the one who provided the government with the major setback, not the judge. The judge was just making sure that the prosecution didn't profit by breaking the law.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer or a real journalist, so I'm not capable of grasping the nuances of trials like the professionals do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

Glad to see you up and running again!

I'm sure you've seen this, but check it out if you haven't!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/12/AR2006031201016.html

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home