Thursday, November 24, 2005

atheist's thanksgiving

I heard the sentiment once again stated today that atheists are unable to celebrate Thanksgiving because "well, who do you thank?"

I find it amazing that a reasonably well-educated and literate person like the one that said that is unable to understand that appreciation for one's good fortune does not need to be expressed TO any particular entity, it is a simple matter of realizing that you could be a lot worse off than you are and that there are indeed many people who are in much worse circumstances.

Is that such an overwhelmingly difficult concept?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

I had a fundamentalist Christian once tell me that he couldn't trust my word because, "Who do you swear by?"

Never mind that I have a strong liking for the truth!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home