Friday, February 19, 2010

burning bright

The media is all abuzz because Tiger Woods came out of hiding today to abjectly plead for forgiveness and assure everyone he's so sorry about what happened and how he just wants to get back to living his life, playing golf, and making a living.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he had stood at the podium and said "you know what, who I fuck and how I fuck them is none of your business, this is all between me and my family, and if you don't like it, go fuck yourselves because I'm already a billionaire and I don't need to prostrate myself so you bunch of hypocritical pantysniffers can feel superior to someone. Fuck you all."

4 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

Yeah. I guess he would have liked to...the insincerity was very thick. I don't see why people like that have to apologize. He wasn't doing anything that rock stars and other wealthy folk haven't done for generations...

I like to hear murderers apologize to the families of their victims (not that they are honest, or really care), but this was hardly in that class...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

Guess his therapy involves the 12 step program.
http://www.aa.org/en_pdfs/smf-121_en.pdf

2:55 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Yeah. The 22-year-old who raped me at 17 emailed me a year or so ago to apologize. Like that makes up for parking out by the town dump and jumping my innocent bones in my father's car!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ronni said...

I'm pretty sure 12 steps were involved there, too.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home