Saturday, July 04, 2009

rejuvenated

I just finished taking a four-mile walk on a lovely seventy-five degrees fahrenheit summer evening with a gentle, warm rainshower the entire time, all while I was wearing only shorts and sneakers. I haven't done anything like that in close to thirty years. It was a near-transcendent experience, a communing with the universe of the kind I haven't felt in decades. I think I will probably remember this walk for the rest of my life. Every once in a while you get a quiet pause where you fully grasp the flavor of how wonderful it is to simply be alive and to drink in the sensation in a setting where there are no distractions and the only thing that exists is the moment and yourself. Those brief flashes make everything else worthwhile. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home