Monday, March 30, 2009

close call

The middle of last week I noticed that the Squirt seemed to be winking at me. The next day, her left eye was sealed shut, and by the end of that day was noticeably swollen. I tried to coax her to me with roast chicken to see if I could get a better look at it and determine what the problem was, but her usual timidity made that a waste of time. The next day it was even worse, so I realized I had to do something to try to deal with the problem. I started putting some kibble in her bowl, then sprinkling it with a layer of pink Amoxicillin powder, and then covering it up with another thin layer of kibble. My ploy actually worked, and by Saturday a 1/4" gash above her left eye had opened up and was oozing infected fluids. This morning, it is nicely scabbed, her eye is open and clean, she's her usual spunky little self, and I have a new trick at treating recalcitrant but sick kitties.

Being a daddy is exhausting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

Smart and sneaky. I love it!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home