Tuesday, October 21, 2008

times ARE tough

Here's an interesting phenomenon illustrating the drastic downturn of the economy and the lack of financial wellness of the American people.

I stopped at a local grocery store today for a single-item purchase, and paid with a five-dollar bill, getting a dollar and fifty-six cents back in change. Among the fifty-six cents was a 1934 quarter, the real, silver money that I grew up with. I can't remember the last time that I saw one in everyday life, and here, out of the blue, one is back in circulation. Or, at least was back in circulation.

Of course, that could change again if McCain wins and everything goes completely out of control.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

slightly OT, but...
If you think robocalling is bad, I see in this YouTube video that McCain's campaign is outsourcing their calls to India! I guess that's what you have to do when you can't find enough "real Americans" to be your volunteers. This is a pretty hysterical behind-the-scenes look at the McCain campaign through the eyes of Martin Eisenstadt (the guy who 'leaked' that Joe "the Plumber" was linked to Charles Keating):
McCain Outsourcing Robocalls to India

5:28 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Spending the silver stash?

Shoot--I'm taking mine to a silversmith!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home