Tuesday, February 05, 2008

but Boo-Boo's okay

The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi passed away today of advanced years. Back in the Sixties, the Maharishi had a tremendous influence on rock musicians, particularly those who were really beginning to experiment with sound, composition, and psychedelics, including most notably the Beatles. I've long felt that the Maharishi and his long view of consciousness was an important component in the development of the prog rock music that has had such a lasting impact on my own sensibilities in life.

Sleep peacefully, Maharishi. And thanks.


Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna

Hare Hare
Krishna Krishna

Krishna Krishna
Hare Hare

Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna

3 Comments:

Blogger Ronni said...

Must have been quite advanced years! He weren't no Spring chicken back then!

I agree with you about his far-reaching influence.

RIP!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

91, acutally. I took the course in about 1975. TM is a very peaceful way to "rest" and I'm actually taking it back up again after all the madness in my life.

A small college near where I grew up (in Iowa) went out of business and was sold and turned into Maharishi University in 1974...where they teach peaceful and sustainable living and business--up to the doctorate level. Very cool.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mary K. Goddard said...

PS...aaayy booboo!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home