Thursday, December 06, 2007

the party of families, indeed

Watching Jenna Bush's recent appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres show was most illuminating. After being cajoled by Ellen to call her parents on the spur of the moment, Ms. Bush was very fretful the entire time, and once her father got on the phone, she was clearly terrified that there were going to be repercussions for her impromptu call. She asked her father several times if he was mad and if she was going to get in trouble, and her voice quavered and her body trembled the entire time she was speaking with him.

If that doesn't explain what kind of "man" her father is, I don't know what does.


I've often been quite derisive of Jenna Bush on this blog. While I still think that she possesses her father's self-centered lack of curiosity, emotional shallowness, and intellectual weakness, I suspect she is the person she is because she's never had the chance to learn to be anything else. That's tragic. I now find that I pity her instead of being contemptuous of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home