Wednesday, November 08, 2006

From Jim

Hi. I'm Ronni's husband. I teach theatre in middle-school. I'm also a writer. Five years ago, our Principal began a Veteran's Day assembly for the school. I wrote a script for that assembly. It brought tears to some eyes. Each year I wrote another script for the assemblies. This year, I had a hard time writing a script. Then it came to me. My stories weren't about the leaders or the county, they were about the women, men, and children who are affected by this war or any war. One of our teachers lost a son-in-law in Iraq last year. This year, my script is pushing the edge of the envelope, but I want the kids to know that war can be justified but that an unjust war cannot be. Maybe some of them can understand it. I can only hope.

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home